The walk chosen was a distance of about four miles across mainly undulating farm tracks and paths. Starting from the Edwardian Mansion house at Hill of Tarvit, passing by Whitehill Farm, then picking up the old Moor road into Ceres. From there, the old track to Pettycur (Waterless Road) by Denhead Farm then down to and across the Craigrothie Burn and returning to the House.
Although the weather forecast was not favourable, the fresh wind kept the rain away and we enjoyed some warm bright spells. The ground underfoot was surprisingly dry with only one or two small areas showing sign of recent downpours. As it was, the rain held off until the last few minutes by which time we were able to take refuge in the attractive Mansion cafe for tea, coffee and fruited scones (irresistably smothered in jam and clotted cream). Wall panels in the cafe described the history and ownership of the house which was substantially remodelled by Sir Robert Lorimer in 1906 for the Sharp family. Under present day NTS ownership, a 9 hole 'hickory club' golf course, putting green and Croquet lawn are available to visitors (maybe next time). A short visit to browse through the NTS gift shop rounded off the day.